In the modern days, a range hood plays an important role in keeping the air circulation in your kitchen clean and bringing much comfort for cook lovers. The help of the module is to take awful cooking smells, hot air, and even greasy cabinet surfaces out of the cooking area.
Coming with a variety of models and styles, choosing the proper one can be a confusing task. However, the first criteria you must keep in mind is to check whether your stove is against an interior wall or not. If yes, let’s raise the question “How to vent a Range Hood on an Interior Wall?”
Most times, many homeowners vent the range hood through the ceiling. However, it is still easy to use its ventilation tubes on an interior wall. In this article, we’ll provide you with tips on venting a range hood on an interior wall as well as going into further detail about factors to consider before making a final decision.
What to consider when investing in a Vented Range Hood?
First, it is better to understand the difference between a vented range hood and a ductless range hood. Let’s go into an imagination! When it comes to the vented range hood, a fan will be attached to a duct, which helps to move the air from the kitchen to the outdoors. On the other hand, a ductless range hood has a fan without a duct. Instead, several kinds of filters are used to purify the air, and then getting recirculated back into the kitchen.
The reason why the vented range hood is preferable is that it removes heat, smoke, unwanted cooking odors and eventually eliminates grease particles, which ends up keeping your kitchen clean and fresh.
Main factors to consider will depend on the layout, overall size of your kitchen, as well as what type of cooking that you do, including:
- Size: It’s important to measure the size of your stove before making any decision so that the range hood is able to capture discharges for your burners.
- CFM (Cubic feet per minute): This measurement indicates how strong the fan is.
- Design: Based on your kitchen’s construction and style, make sure to come with the range hood that matches your desired look (Does you want to have the modern, tradition, or European style?)
- Level of noise: Of course, you never find something like a silent range hood. However, each module has its own feature. Some can be louder than others. Overall, the more powerful the fan is, the noisier it is.
Useful tips on how to vent your Range Hood on an Interior Wall
- First of all, ensure to disconnect all electrical connections before temporarily removing the old range hood. It is safe to go all through to the control board and then close off any electricity. Next, confirm from the range hood switch. When everything is okay, place a dry cloth on the range hood, and then try to detach the power wire.
- Before planning to buy, you should get a better understanding of the required parameters. This helps you to come with a suitable range hood. As mentioned above, you should know the CFM of the range hood first. Then compare with your kitchen space to identify its suitability.
- The measurement of the kitchen unit above the gas stand is another factor you should keep in mind. Make certain that your vented range hood flanges an 8 cm radius around both your gas area and oven surroundings.
- To help disengage the range hood from its location, search for the underpinning nuts and loosen them.
- The total duct length should not surpass the fan’s capacity. It is better to check the owner’s manual for specifications on duct lengths and sizes.
- Installing a roof vent may be done all by your own if you’re especially handy. However, it is still recommended to hire a roofing contractor who can help you to finish the job.
- Make sure that the hole that you drill in your roof must be 3 feet at least away from any chimneys, toilet vents, or other roof protrusions. Frequent leaks into your home can happen if your vent is improperly installed.
In fact, there is no special guide on how to vent a range hood on an interior wall. The reason is that it depends on your kitchen’s size and style, as well as your preference. We hope that with this guide, you can learn more about notes and tips about the vented range hood before planning to spend out your money. Follow the steps specified in the how-to instruction that is included in any range hood package. For any problem, feel free to contact the professional for more ideas or advice!
Images Source: Amazon.com